Addison | Illinois | United States | 60101
HRU Technical Resources has partnered with a leader in security controls to find a Security Technician.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Programming of Security systems including Surveillance Cameras, Access Control, IP and Analog Intercoms, Intrusion, Area of Rescue, and the supporting IT infrastructure.
• Working knowledge of network switches and IT infrastructure
• Working knowledge of electrical terms and components including: Voltage, current, power, and resistance measurements and formulas. Power supplies, rectifiers, resistors, relays, fuses, and transformers.
• Customer focus and collaboration to setup systems per specifications and best practice.
• Security system survey, design and estimation to assist Sales and provide optimal solution for Customer
• Ability to integrate separate security platforms for enhanced customer experience (CCTV, Access Control & Intrusion)
• Ability to present solutions and provide live product demonstrations
• Securely configure IP addresses, subnet masks and gateways on Customer’s network.
• Setup virtual LANs to separate traffic into smaller, more manageable units
• Provided desktop support for Customer and JCI which involves installation and configuration of software and hardware, remote monitoring and programming of various systems, and the maintenance and troubleshooting of both software and hardware.
• Configure servers and workstations with domain credentials, IP address, and remote desktop
• Calculate storage and switch capacities of Customers system
• Program viewing workstations and instruct field on installation
• Perform site walk to verify camera locations, installation quality, train end users
• Detailed documentation of installed devices and configuration
Proficiencies in some of the following skills are desirable:
• Microsoft Windows Server and Client OS
• Servers and workstations from HP, DELL, LENOVO
• Cisco, HP, Ubiquiti networking
• IP Cameras from AXIS, Hanwha (Samsung), Avigilon, Sony, Bosch, Vivotek
• Video software from Genetec, Exacq, Milestone, Avigilon, AXIS, Hanwha, AD
• IP Intercoms from 2N, AXIS, Stentofon, AIPHONE, Talkaphone, Commend, Cornell
• Access Control from Software House, Kantech, Genetec, AXIS, S2, RS2, Open Options
• Analog Paging Intercoms from Valcom, Rath, Cornell, Dukane, Rauland
Mindsets and talents to drive success:
• Positive working attitude
• Attention to details
• Presents themselves on time and in a presentable manner
• Communicates clearly and often
• Respectful to customers and team members
• Flexibility in dealing with dynamic situations
• Independent and team-based problem solving
• Safety focused
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.