Oshkosh | United States
The Senior Design Engineer works with the Corporate Electronics group on the design and integration of communication, computer and networking (C4ISR) systems for ground vehicles. Develop test plans and perform integration testing on GFE, CFE equipment and associated networks. Will require working closely with suppliers, customers, engineering specialists and other departments. This person will provide resource estimates for project planning as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design for integration of communication, computer and networking (C4ISR) systems into military ground vehicles
· Design for physical integration and electrical interfaces for Contractor Furnished Equipment (CFE) and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) using Interface Control Documents (ICD)
· Develop test plans and performs bench level test (verification) for C4ISR systems
· Plan and direct engineering in a major project through all phases of innovation and development
· Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
· Work closely with other engineering groups
· Assist in feasibility studies and project estimates on proposed projects
· Support proposal development
· Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specification, and bills of material
· Select parts and/or design components for cost and quality-conscious design to meet service applications
· Consult with suppliers, customers, & members of Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Assembly, Service, and Testing, Quality Control, and Marketing departments
· Follow project on the assembly floor through initial build and render assistance necessary to support manufacturing and industrial engineering efforts
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering
· 3 or more years' related experience
· Obtain US Military Secret clearance
· Working knowledge of C4ISR systems and Vetronics on ground vehicles
· Experience with computers and in-vehicle data networks
· Experience with DoD communications equipment
· Working knowledge of software integration on mobile computing platforms
· Background in IA assurance as relates to C4ISR systems
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.