Iselin | New Jersey | United States | 08830
This position is for a contract employee that will be working in the refining catalyst evaluation sector, particularly refining catalyst deactivation laboratory. FCC (Refining Catalyst) deactivation laboratory includes multiple reactors and test equipment: regular steaming, CMDU (Cyclic Metals Deactivation Unit), CPS (Cyclic Propylene Steaming Unit) and air-jets attrition units. The person in this role will be responsible to operate and maintain these units on routine basis, generate test data on our catalysts, prepare catalyst samples for further evaluation, and directly or indirectly provide these test results to researchers, tech service representatives, or our refining customers. In addition, this person will also assist current employee on large scale steaming reactor operation.
· Become proficiency in operating and troubleshooting all four large the catalyst deactivation units (CMDU, CPS and regular steamer, airjets). Responsible for maintaining excellent work condition on all equipment’s in deactivation lab.
· Perform routine refining catalyst deactivation according to written SOP, or on occasion non-routine deactivations following verbal instructions of the supervisor.
· Follows all prescribed catalyst labeling requirements and know the products that you are handling using the prescribed personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
· Document deactivation experiments by scheduling the runs, keeping run logs and afterward by writing up the testing results.
· Use Lab Vantage Sapphire system to submit samples for chemical or physical analysis; Compile analytical data returned from Sapphire, summarize results, and report to supervisor.
· Recognize when results are not meeting expectations. Either resolve minor problems through established troubleshooting techniques or work with staffs in the R&D engineering support group and supervisor to identify and remedy the problems.
· Utilize Microsoft Excel to tabulate and / or plot results for reporting to the supervisor.
· Assis current BASF employee on large scale steaming operation. Be able to climb ladders and lift at least 50 lb
· High School degree or equivalent required
· Good mechanical skill for equipment maintenance
· Must be able to read and interpret schematics and P&ID’s.
· Must be able to lift products (50lb) and climb ladders as required and perform general labor work.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Technical Degree
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.