Livonia | Michigan | United States | 48105
HRU has an opportunity to add an Entry Level Software Developer in a direct hire capacity for one of our clients in Ann Arbor, MI. If you are searching for a new opportunity then apply today!
The Systems Development team is tasked with the development of a new, modern infrastructure to accomplish these initiatives. The selected candidate will be an integral part of the team, making design contributions, vetting new technologies, and identifying opportunities for new features. This is a hands-on, technical role within the Information Technology Services (ITS) Department.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate and contribute in daily stand-up meetings and weekly development meetings, and analyze user needs to develop technical requirements.
• Define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new and pre-existing software programs and applications.
• Contribute and collaborate with other members of the Software Development team, while managing to complete assigned tasks according to established timelines.
• Following established software development lifecycle, from concept to deployment, to design, build, test, improve, and deploy new systems, applications, and features.
• Actively participate in code/design reviews and brainstorming sessions.
• Develop application and system documentation.
• Analyze and resolve software errors in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Consult with development team members, architects, and project managers to resolve problems and suggest alternatives.
• Other duties as assigned according to business needs.
Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and languages, such as Java or C++.
Knowledge of relational databases, such as SQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc. preferred.
Familiarity with software design concepts, including (but not limited to) data structures, design patterns, inheritance, scope.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability and willingness to learn and understand new, highly complex technical concepts, their applications in the context of assigned tasks, and implement this knowledge in the design and execution of new systems, applications, and features.
Experience in, or knowledge of Test-Driven development/unit testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, etc.) and Agile development methodologies.
Experience with Git, Jira, Eclipse, and other technical tools.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.