Sterling Heights | Michigan | United States
· Develop software for the Software Loader Verifier (SLV) for use both on vehicle and in the System Integration Labs (SILs).
· Building and configuring the VxWorks, Linux or Other operating systems.
· Extensive Embedded VxWorks, Linux development with Board Support Package expertise (BSP).
· Knowledge of board support for Arm, Power, Intel and RISC-V architectures.
· Various Device Driver development, extensive Kernel experience, Bootloaders.
· Writing various peripheral drivers highly desirable.
· Excellent C, C++ programming experience.
· Understanding of system calls and string data, knowledge of Networking (TCP/IP stack, lower level L2/L3).
· Development of device drivers based on product requirements and performance criteria.
· Debugging system using the testing and diagnostic routines on the hardware system and potentially in simulation.
· Design and implement software for Abrams Vehicle Tank and weapon system devices from requirements phase to production phase.
· Work closely with internal/external OS engineering team, Hardware design team, Chip vendors to debug and resolve issues.
· Familiarity in designing system software for PPC and Intel based platforms using VxWorks and Linux OS.
· Understanding of boot sequences, especially for unattended embedded VxWorks and Linux systems.
· Experience with writing, building, testing and debugging of kernel tasks and loadable modules.
· Experience writing test scripts and packaging specifications.
· Good working knowledge of revision control and code review tools like Git.
· Excellent team player with great communication skills (written, and verbal).
· Knowledge of Secure boot development, Trust zone, TPM is a plus.
· Configure the operating system to minimize exposure to cyber-attacks.
· Install, interface and access board level diagnostic tests.
· Assist with development and/or review of software documentation including SRS, SVD, SPS and related test documentation
· Prepare and submit status reports to management.
· Ensure all work conforms to software development process improvement and CMMI Level 5 initiatives
· Must have Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, and Computer Science or related. Other technical degrees will be considered with related experience
· Experience with multiple protocols, such as TCP, UDP, IP, SAE J1939, CANopen, CORBA, and DDS.
· Previous experience with military vehicle software preferred.
· Experience in using Microsoft software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Experience with high level Programming Languages such as C and C++.
· Familiarity with some of the SW Development tools desired; DOORs, AdaCore, Code Peer
· Previous experience with Linux and VxWorks operating systems.
· Experience with multiple busses, such as Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553B, and CAN.
· Excellent customer skills required.
· Excellent writing skills required.
· Possess or able to obtain Secret clearance.
· Requires some limited travel (training/seminars/meetings).
· Occasional overtime, weekend, and off-hours.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.