Belmont | California | United States | 94002
Under the general supervision of the Manager, End User Computing and IAM Services, the Desk Side Technician is responsible for IMACs (Installs, Moves, Adds, Changes) and technical hardware/software support. In this position you will focus on solving customer IT issues and requests by supporting Macbooks, laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and printers. You will also be responsible for equipment moves, smart hands support, event support, and VIP support. Experience in all areas of Apple Devices is critical. This is a “hands-on” technical role that requires good people skills.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Analyze and resolve hardware/software problems onsite or remote operational mode
· Installation, configuration and maintenance of a comprehensive IT infrastructure with a focus on Mac OS and Microsoft Windows
· Removal and installation of hardware components and peripherals
· Installation of additional software manually and via deployment console
· User requests for technical advice and support
· Installation and customization of client equipment
· Provide concierge support to VIP/Executive personnel as needed
· Classification of technical queries and forwarded to relevant departments
· Documentation of customer inquiries
· PC Refresh Life Cycle Process and deployment
· Use client security (antivirus, encryption), remote support and ticketing tools
· Customizing user profiles
· Hardware installation and hardware expansion
· Instruction and advice to the user
· Backup and restore of user data
· Coordination with IT coordinators and users
· Position is responsible for desk-side support in a Windows and Mac OS environment.
· Experience working in a blended environment: Macs on a Windows network running Active Directory authentication.
· Understanding of Microsoft environment/network including Active Directory, servers, operating systems and common business software/applications (i.e. Adobe, MS Office)
· Support includes installs, equipment pick-up, and equipment inventory.
· Perform miscellaneous software & hardware installs, configuration of Windows PC and Mac equipment. Provide 2nd level trouble shooting of all problems related to this activity.
· Individual must be self-starting, able to work alone and within a team, follow detailed processes, and open to flexible scheduling.
· Should be able to troubleshoot and isolate issues related to end user computing environments; printers, networks, Mac/iOS devices, computer devices, and other attached devices.
· Ability to do in-depth research and troubleshooting for complex technical issues
· Strong customer service experience in a corporate environment
· Ability to effectively work on multiple activities concurrently
· Enterprise Anti-Virus
· Familiarity with structured IT Processes (Incident, Request, Change)
· 3-5 years of professional work experience in related field
· Associates Degree or higher in related field preferred
· ITIL Foundations V3 preferred
· Apple technical certifications strongly preferred: both Mac OS X certifications (ACHDS, ACTC, ACSA), and hardware certifications (ACDT, ACPT).
· A+/Network+ or equivalent-Required/MCSA or equivalent preferred
· Experience in dealing with remote technical support ticket tool
· IT Experience: 3 years (Required)
· Mac OS Experience: 3 years (Required)
· PC Troubleshooting Experience: 3 years (Required)
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.