Macomb | Michigan | United States | 48042
Summary of Position
The Senior Estimator will estimate Aerospace tooling labor and material costs of manufacturing and engineering based on request data submitted by prospective customers. This person will also collect cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors. The Senior Estimator will compute cost estimates of raw materials, create cost models, and present cost reports to management.
· Uses models, drawings and specification information in customer requests to determine labor, material, process hour and cost estimates for detailed tooling
· Prepare estimates using company approved applications and/or Excel workbooks and data sheets
· Analyzes specifications including tool models, sketches, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing models and historical data
· Prepares and maintains historical cost data
· Coordinate with procurement for RFQs from outside suppliers for parts, materials, hardware and processes
· Input hours and notes into Quote Central
· Prepares reports, presentations, statusing, and continuous improvement initiatives
· Coordinates and prepares large proposals with input from multiple internal and external groups
· Attends bidder’s conferences and works with Engineering team to develop tooling and tooling systems concepts
· Utilizes inputs from Sales staff and industry contacts to develop suggested pricing and bid strategy
· Presents bids and bid strategy to leadership team for approval
· In coordination with Sales team, helps negotiate and win POs from customers
· Performs special projects as needed
Education, Experience & Additional Requirements
· 10+ years of experience within the aerospace industry, automotive, heavy manufacturing, capital tool equipment or similar background required
· 5+ years of estimating or equivalent experience
· Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Industrial Management preferred
· Extensive knowledge of manufacturing and machining processes, along with raw materials and quality policies
· Ability to interpret RFQ requirements from customer models, drawings, and specifications
· Knowledge of cost estimating methods from detailed bids through parametric modeling used in large-scale quotations
· Strong English verbal and written communication skills
· Attention to detail, accurate, and organized blueprint reading and interpretation skills
· Appropriate math skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Able to establish, communicate, and manage multiple projects with competitive deadlines
· Understanding of Aerospace OEM and Tier 1 tooling procurement processes
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
· Typically sits for extended periods at a computer workstation
· May access and work in the manufacturing plant
· While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles
· The employee may be exposed to vibration
· The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
· May be required to travel to other site locations during the work day
· May be required to work weekends to meet department and business demands
· Work with safe manufacturing processes and understand that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
· Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Must be able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands and arms.
· Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time
· Must be able to lift and move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up to 35 lbs.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.