Howell | Michigan | United States
HRU has teamed up with a global maintenance company to find a Stamping/Maintenance Engineer to join its team in Howell, MI. This position is a direct hire opportunity with a competitive salary and great benefits. If you have field maintenance experience on stamping machines, this position could be for you. I am looking for individuals that have experience working on stamping presses in an OEM environment that has the ability to travel up to 20% domestically. This position requires 5-10 years of experience and availability to work on-call nights and weekends.
· Provide engineering support for electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic stamping press spare parts for OEM Stamping Plants
· Supports emergency breakdowns by interfacing with both Headquarters and plant engineers and maintenance personnel to determine repairs and parts needed
· Identifies and develops effective documentation to measure and analyze current inventory levels, lists of materials, purchased parts, blue prints, equipment and miscellaneous items required to support critical spare stocking process
· Work with OEM’s to identify like machines in different plants, help develop repair suppliers, and re-engineering of OEM spare parts in accordance with corporate and site quality policies, directions, and goals as defined.
· Works directly with plants concerning technical issues and ensuring customer relations are maintained and objectives are established and accomplished.
· Analyzes customer data, reviews engineering drawings/blue prints to estimate quantity and type of materials, parts and other items
· Interfaces with OEM Corporate and Plant Engineers in planning, start up and debugging of press lines
· Transferring press lines and associated spare parts from plant to plant
· Decommission of press lines and associated spare parts
· Travels as assigned to address issues and problems at other sites including the developing of relationships with plant maintenance teams and vendors
· Assist plant employees in identifying part needed and description problems
· Analyzes plant requests to stock parts at Share The Spare and associated inventory levels
· Assists in Part Identification and New Parts Set Up
· Develop part descriptions for inventoried material
· Aid in the material flow of returned parts from plants including:
· Part identification
· Disposition of part; credit (return to stock), return to plant, repair or scrap
· Identify scrap material with Parts Analyst
· Identify duplicate parts currently in inventory and consolidate inventory when necessary
· Assist team members if help is needed
· Assists in Plant follow-up on parts that have not been returned to Share The Spare
· Interfaces with closing plants to move parts to Ideal Setech Share The Spare or other GM Plants
· Accessible 24 hours, 7 days a week for emergencies
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.