Fort Lewis | JBLM | Washington | United States | 98433
The Combat Vehicle Mechanic in the GDLS Global Fielding Support (GFS), Material Fielding Team (MFT), New Equipment Training (NET), Retrofit and Stryker National Repair Center (SNR) groups perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and retrofit (improve invulnerability and survivability) on the Army's Stryker family of vehicles (FOVs) or components pursuant to applicable contracts within the organization.
Duties to include:
Scheduled maintenance: Periodic and preventative manufacturer (in accordance with the IETM) required maintenance to extend the life of the vehicle and/or performing upgrades as mandated during a designated period of time by customer.
Unscheduled maintenance: The emergent, corrective or restorative maintenance requirements not previously planned or programmed but require prompt attention and must be added to, integrated with, or substituted for previously scheduled workloads.
Troubleshooting: Systematically identifying issues and problems within the complex mechanical systems, electronics, computers and software systems within the Stryker family of vehicles.
Meeting safety requirements with OSHA, ANSI and ASME industrial standards, compliance and technical training, administrative duties to meet contract obligations and organizational requirements, adhering to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliance.
Other duties as may be required / assigned.
- Three to five years mechanic experience -- maintenance on tactical/combat vehicles preferred (- 91B, 91S, 63S, 63W or 63B MCM or USMC MOS' 2147, 3521, 3522, 3524) Experience on Stryker, LAV 2.5 or LAV III desirable.
- Documented commercial training and/or experience acceptable in lieu of military vehicle experience
- Occasional work in confined space within vehicle interior.
- Work in improved and unimproved maintenance facilities as well as field environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and organize/prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be able to foster and enhance teaming environment
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Lotus Notes preferred
- Proven ability to perform multiple tasks within multiple work stations.
- Demonstrated good housekeeping skills and ability to convey such practices to team members.
- Ability to work extensive extended hours in a fast paced, challenging, high pressure environment.
- Must be able to gain and maintain access to Joint Base Lewis McChord and other military bases assigned to
- Must meet and maintain ASR guidelines for driver's station entry as described in Standard Practice 2-644
- Ability to maintain US Passport required
- Ability to be issued and maintain a Class B CDL
- Ability to be issued and maintain company AMEX card required
-Must be a U.S. person
-Must be able to gain and maintain access to all military installations in which the work is performed
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.