Auburn Hills | Michigan | United States | 48326
The “Diagnostic Technical Author” is an expert in the automotive after sales service domain. This candidate must understand and embrace the OBDII Diagnostic manual deliverable, which is designed to support aftermarket dealers in accordance to EPA/CARB regulatory.
The role is responsible for authoring company OBDII diagnostic repair information manuals and repair service information for aftermarket technicians. Providing this support is required to ensure compliance with environment and legal mandated diagnostics and service-related information.
· Ensure a high degree of accuracy and timely delivery of OBDII diagnostic manual information to aftermarket dealers.
· Gather all necessary information for preparation and publication of OBDII diagnostic manuals for company carlines.
· Perform initial review of company supplied OBDII diagnostic repair information data and wiring diagrams and assess the scope of necessary edits and validation.
· Use XML/SGML based application to author company supplied OBDII files to produce Service OBDII diagnostic manuals.
· Apply technical writing skills, as well as automotive service engineering, and electrical troubleshooting experience to author diagnostic repair information.
· Review completed OBDII diagnostic manual for compliance with quality and delivery standards.
· Process and resolve feedback on the quality of OBDII diagnostic repair information.
· Adapt to production and environmental changes, editorial processes, and generates ideas for process improvements.
· Monitor and follow-up on progress of all projects in accordance to schedule and deadlines.
· Ensures availability and display of OBDII diagnostic repair information on company service information websites
Years of experience
AAS degree in automotive technology
Strong automotive technical writing skills
Years of Experience:
3-5 Automotive Diagnostics / OBDII
BS degree in automotive technology or equivalent is
· Excellent cross-functional communication
· Superb presentation
· Ability to organize data
· Quality driven and reliable – high attention to detail
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Effective operational organization, time management & planning
· Project execution. Efficient and effective solution delivery
· Adaptive planning & flexibility - ability to respond to change, report progress, and stick to a plan
· Skilled in the use of software, Arbotext, EPIC
· Strong computer skills, XML/SGML, Excel, Word, Power Point
Specialized skills, knowledge or certifications unique to this role
· Arbortext / EPIC XML/SGML experience
· Automotive ODBII diagnostic knowledge
· Strong knowledge of OEM and/or aftermarket diagnostic tools
· EPA/CARB regulatory knowledge
· German language knowledge
· Dealer service experience
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.