HRU has teamed up with a major player in the auto industry and is looking for a Technical Operations Specialist - Machine Maintenance! Qualified candidates will have technical degree and 5+ years experience. Journeyman Licence preferred! Must have general mechanical and electrical knowledge including PLC. Must be open to all shifts. Positions scheduled to start as a 12-month contract with likely extension. Pay rate to begin at $35/hr+ depending on experience and education with full benefits available!
The Technical Operations Specialist (TOS) supports production in maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and problem-solving manufacturing process equipment. Candidate must be able to function in a manufacturing maintenance team culture, where lean manufacturing principles are highly integrated, work independently under general direction of a supervisor. Work involves a considerable amount of perception and intuition, in order to make decisions.
Must be willing to work an off-shift (2nd or 3rd shift) and occasional weekends.
The primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following
• Perform assigned electrical / mechanical work
• Responsible for operation, repair, and maintenance of the following electrical / mechanical equipment in assigned area:
• Conveyors & related equipment
• Automated equipment
• Programmable controllers
• Tooling & fixtures
• Local air handling equipment
• Electrical equipment used in the manufacturing process
• Vision systems
• Lubrication on all systems
• Perform preventative and predictive maintenance activities per schedule
• Employee must be able to operate industrial mobile equipment
• Be the “hands-on” technical operational specialist, with both mechanical and electrical responsibilities to assure the optimization of all production equipment
• Organize, plan and execute maintenance and process projects to include process system upgrades and new installations, design, build & debug as required
• Support weekend and off shift needs as required
• Responsible for the planning, scheduling, documenting and execution of all maintenance activities. The activities include: operator maintenance training, and reliability centered maintenance activities: predictive, preventative, planned and reactive for electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, and robotic
• Address all machine related issues, with co-workers and management personnel with accuracy, in a timely manner, giving updates and schedules as necessary.
• Provide technical (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic/hydraulic) expertise to the business unit team to assist in creating and implementing the best solutions to manufacturing challenges
• Continually increase technical knowledge and knowledge of alternative work methods to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of equipment. Conduct technical training to maintain the proficiency of the workforce and peers
• Support all production operators, systems & tools which enable the production organization to own the process and achieve all throughput and uptime targets
• Support global manufacturing systems compliance, business plan deployment, and global best practices
• Participate and lead lean initiatives, such continuous improvement events, identifying and eliminating all types of waste
• Maintain knowledge of all safety devices, procedures, the company, OSHA and MIOSHA regulatory requirements regarding machinery to identify, communicate and resolve all potential safety issues in an effort to eliminate all accidents
• Technical degree / Four Year Apprenticeship required or equivalent experience. One of the following:
1. Electrical Journeyman’s license
2. Mechanical Journeyman’s license
• Tool and Die
• Machine Repair
3. 8 + years as maintenance technician / electrician technician
• Familiarity with high volume automotive manufacturing processes
• Knowledge of advanced mechanical / electrical concepts
• Knowledge of maintenance and construction standards and codes, and applicable laws and regulations
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
• General knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems to include: basic electricity and electronics, controls and instrumentation, programmable logic control (PLC), robotics, mechanical drives and power transmission systems, fluid power and pneumatics
• Working knowledge of general maintenance principles, blueprint reading/schematics and welding
• Hands on mechanical and electrical capability, grasping complex systems easily, along with the ability to multitask in a highly flexible environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills for effective communication
• Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills to resolve unusual and difficult problems
• Strong interpersonal skills to work well with others; ability to train others
• Strong knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC 5000 and Siemens HMI
• Knowledge to read / edit PLC programs
• Practical knowledge of associated process equipment operations, sequencing, error-proofing and diagnostic capabilities
• Knowledge of and ability to effectively use computer software as it pertains to maintenance needs
• Fanuc robotics programming and maintenance
• Welding MIG, TIG, brazing, ARC a plus but not required
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.