Rochester Hills | Michigan | United States
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
The purpose of a Senior Technical Specialist is to provide customers (internal and external) and field service engineers with advanced telephone based and/or on-site project coordination, high level debug and repair of FANUC robotic controllers, mechanical, and related system equipment. Duties will also include communications with FANUC America sales, engineering, and project executing departments as well as creating Technical Support Log (TSL) tickets and Spare Part quotes for customer distribution. Senior Technical Specialists will have the ability to resolve advanced technical problems on all FANUC controller platforms.
• Ability to discuss, diagnosis, and resolve problems as reported by the customer or service engineer.
• Answer technical support phone calls and properly log via the Technical Support Log (TSL), identify the problem and follow up with a thoroughly researched solution.
• Very courteous, helpful and professional demeanor with customers (internal + external)
• Elevate advanced technical questions to the appropriate Product Development Engineer or systems expert and follow up with customer as needed.
• Training /mentoring to other cRc Technical Support personnel.
• Create Quick Reference and Common TSL Solution attachments for customer distribution.
• Create spare part quotations per customer request and part number searches as required.
• Respond to customer email technical support questions by creating TSL’s and/or spare part quotes
• Utilize online documentation and hardcopy manuals to locate appropriate troubleshooting steps and/or technical information to be sent to internal and external customers.
• Identify and implement business process improvements within the Technical Support group.
• Maintain and achieve OMQ group measures for customer satisfaction, call answer rate, and TSL closure rate.
• Maintain a high level of availability to answer customer phone calls.
• Flexible with supporting 2nd or 3rd shift based on customer demand and/or group manpower shortages.
• Flexible with supporting “on-call” after hours support from the Call Center paging system.
• Flexible with supporting & leading special projects as needed.
• Willingness to be process owner of new department technical support strategies.
• Willingness (but not limited to) to be assigned department responsibilities for scheduling, assignments and distribution of incoming customer support issues.
• Participate in the integration and/or installation of FANUC, robots and related peripheral equipment in order to fully understand its operation, performance requirements, and troubleshooting procedures.
• 1 week per year of robot, programming, software or other training.
• Develop & maintain training plan in at least two key technical areas as well as coordinate & schedule required individual and group training with PDE & Product Segment.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic prints and related technical documentation
• Extensive experience with FANUC products and peripheral equipment
• Ability to coordinate multiple activities and job assignments simultaneously while adjusting priorities as required
• Excellent communication skills (written/oral) and the ability to interface with people and customers over the phone and at all levels of FANUC America
• Ability to utilize common PC and business applications
• Ability to work safely and effectively within OSHA Laws
• Extensive experience using FANUC programming products
• Well developed technical writing and communication skills
• Ability to function without direct supervision
• Ability to mentor, teach and coach others in the group
• Bachelor degree in Electrical, Software, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
• Minimum five years related experience in customer service and customer interaction
• Minimum eight years FANUC Integration/Installation/Service Experience
• Mechanical/Electrical/Pneumatic Troubleshooting, Teardown, and Repair Experience
• FANUC technical experience or related tenure at other robotic manufacturers
• Computer programming (Roboguide) or related PLC or Robotic programming
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.