Macomb | Michigan | United States | 48042
Summary of Position
The Technical Writer prepares technical documentation in support of Company's commercial offers, technical proposals, and product lines. The Technical Writer will be required to interact within the entire proposal lifecycle and coordinate with the team to understand and document technical offer, while clearly conveying how the offer aligns to the customer’s purchasing needs. Furthermore, the Technical Writer will coordinate closely with the Global Product Managers and Marketing team to understand and document product lines, while communicating the value of the associated products to the proper market space. Lastly, the Technical Writer will lead the effort of creating a library of templates that support either the proposal or products to aid in the efficiency of generation of the documentation.
The Technical Writer will report to the Director of Global Business Development & Product Management.
· Researches, develops, creates, and produces proposal and product documentation for equipment, processes, services and applications offered to its customers.
· Aptitude to read, understand, and identify the customer’s purchasing drivers from their tender information
· Ability to clearly communicate and document the value of technical offer that aligns with the customer’s purchasing drivers.
· Ensures that all information and technical data published as part of the documentation package for an assigned proposal is accurate and technically correct in content.
· Ensures that all information required for the technical proposal is received from all third party sources and/or vendors.
· Assists in the quotation process by researching assigned aspects of project and supply that information which may be required to effectively quote the documentation requirements for a given project.
· Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review and approval; coordinate requirements with contributors, and contribute proposal status
· Develops and maintains standard proposal and product template and content information.
· Support internal and external customers by updating documentation with requested modifications, or revised scope, as required
· Acquire subject knowledge by coordinating design engineers, product managers and/or project managers, observing performance of production methods, or referring to technical specifications when necessary
· Assists in developing new and better ways to meet the changing documentation and needs of our customers.
· Understands and follows safety & environmental regulations and identifies safety/environmental concerns.
· Always ensure personally and company activities are conducted ethically.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.