Kalamazoo | Michigan | United States | 49048
We’re growing as a company and growing our Technology Infrastructure (TI) team to support it! We are looking for a talented Cabling Technician/Installer to join our Kalamazoo team. This role will report to the Technology Infrastructure Operations Manager. The Technician/Installer will be responsible for performing installation and maintenance of cabling and audio video systems in Commercial/Industrial environments. This includes installation, termination and testing of low voltage/network cables and fiber optic cables as well as installation of pathway systems and audio video cabling. This position interacts with the Service Technicians, Branch Managers, Group Leaders, Foreman, customers, building owners and other trades.
• Work independently providing a variety of TI services to our broad customer base
• Build out telecommunication and equipment rooms
• Mounting of electronic equipment (TV’s, projectors, wireless access points, speakers and cameras)
• Ability to analyze blueprints for job site knowledge
• Analyze upcoming tasks and anticipate next steps
• Enforce jobsite safety and maintain compliance with all company safety and safety standards
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• 1-5 years in the communications industry
• BICSI certification preferred
• Knowledge of telecommunications, data, AV, network infrastructure cabling and components required
• High mechanical aptitude – use of hand tools and test equipment
• Positive and customer focused attitude
• Maintain and reference industry standards including BICSI, ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local Low Voltage Code
• Solid work ethic, capable of working self-directed
• Ability to read and understand floor plans
• Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture.
Candidates are required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.