Oshkosh | Wisconsin | United States | 54902
The Technician will support senior technicians and engineers in testing vehicles and parts/components, performing configuration changes and repairs of vehicles and test stands, and following appropriate engineering procedures, standards, and specifications. This role may also provide support in the fabrication and assembly of vehicles and related systems/sub-systems. The objective is to validate new product designs as part of new product development as well as resolve issues on sustaining products. The Technician is expected to provide exemplary support and technical support to the customers of the Company and Test and Development.
Must be able to obtain CDL and security clearance.
Must have professional communication skills - will be working with government personnel and speaking with multiple people while at test sites.
Position will start in Oshkosh and then require travel. Must be open to travel and supplier/contractor able to book travel arrangements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
• Conduct testing of prototypes and current products to determine capabilities of vehicles/systems and conformance to specifications and/or regulations in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
• Test and record data using operational knowledge of vehicle systems (electrical pneumatic, hydraulic) using manual entry and data acquisition. Troubleshoot systems, perform basic failure analysis and follow detailed test procedures.
• Assemble, disassemble, and fabricate complex/customized parts, mechanical structures and test stands/fixtures in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
• Maintain a safe work environment, adhere to all safety procedures during all aspects of job performance which includes regular exposure to personal and physical hazards.
• Operate heavy equipment/machinery or drive vehicles as required for the purposes of testing or material handling.
• Determine appropriate test instruments for product testing.
• Plan and schedule daily activities to complete assignments in their order of priority to make effective use of time and ensure projects are being completed within identified timeline.
• Communicate effectively and work cross functionally to resolve technical problems including the ability to provide constructive feedback to all levels of the organization. Interpret and execute written/verbal directions and instructions.
• Associates Degree
Three (3) years of experience in engineering or equivalent field.
• Knowledge of automotive and mechanical terms.
• A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or a Telehandler and AWP operator license.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations and procedure manuals.
• Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment.
• Detail oriented.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Mechanic tool set and tool box (required at Defense segment).
• Ability to travel 50%.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.