Oshkosh | Wisconsin | United States | 54902
TEST TECHNICIAN III - DEFENSE PROTOTYPE LAB
Global Technology Center (GTC)
No Travel, all home based in Oshkosh
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Ability to obtain security clearance
**This role has the potential of turning into a full-time position for the right candidate. No guarantee of full-time hire. This is considered a contract need at this time.
The Senior Technician will lead the testing/fabrication/assembly/test instrumentation of vehicles, sub-systems, and parts/components; perform configuration changes and repairs of vehicles and test stands, and following appropriate engineering procedures, standards, and specifications. The objective is to validate new product designs as part of new product development as well as resolve issues on sustaining products. The Senior Technician will serve as a mentor; guiding and teaching colleagues for the purpose of personal and professional development. This role will provide exemplary technical support to the customers of the Company and Test and Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
• • Conduct tests and record data using manual entry and data acquisition utilizing operational knowledge of vehicle systems (electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic). Troubleshoot systems, perform basic failure analysis and follow detailed test procedures.
• • Assemble and/or disassemble complex projects and mechanical structures through referencing drawings and work instructions with minimal input. Fabricate complex/customized parts, mechanical structures and test fixtures with foresight to avoid any technical issues.
• • Conduct testing of prototypes and current product to determine capabilities of vehicle/systems and conformance to specifications and/or regulations, independently with minimal direction from engineers.
• • Develop and mentor fellow technicians to follow best practices and standards. Identify and implement continuous improvement projects.
• • Communicate and work cross functionally to resolve problems. Understand and execute directions and instructions. Follow through on instructions/directions and provide constructive feedback to all levels of the organization.
• • Responsible for determining the appropriate test instruments for product testing.
• • Plan and schedule daily activities to complete assignments in their order of priority to make effective use of time and ensure projects are being completed within identified timeline.
• • Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, adhering to all safety procedures during all aspects of job performance which includes regular exposure to personal and physical hazards.
• • Operate heavy equipment, machinery or drive vehicles for the purpose of testing or material handling.
• • Associate’s Degree with five (5) years of experience in engineering or equivalent*.
• • A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or a Telehandler and AWP operator license.
• • Foresight to address potential technical issues with vehicles and systems.
• • Knowledge of automotive and mechanical terms.
• • Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations and procedure manuals.
• • Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment.
• • Detail oriented.
• • Verbal and written communication skills.
• • Mechanic tool set and tool box (required at Defense segment).
• • Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• • Ability to travel 10%.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.