Freeport | Texas | United States | 77541
This role serves as a training expert within the Engineering and Maintenance department and is responsible for all phases of training program analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation. A TWIC card is mandatory for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Development and implementation of world class training programs to provide a highly effective, high performing, motivated, and safe workforce
· Being proficient in design, development, delivery, and evaluation of hands on and classroom training for unit specific material.
· Auditing and ensuring proper training documentation.
· Working with the site L&D Coordinator and customers to identify, disseminate, and coordinate developmental and regulatory training opportunities. While ensuring the best practices and consistency of training are used.
· Developing programs for specific training based on content provided by subject matter experts (SME’s) and outside training sources.
· Ensuring the accuracy and availability of all training materials (paper, electronic, and other media).
· Ensuring the consistency and continuous improvement of training programs.
· Balancing computer based, classroom, and hands on training to maximize effectiveness.
· Minimizing costs by maintaining the training schedules and coordinating training for qualification and certification
· Supporting coordination of common training across site; schedule personnel to attend specific training
· Coordinating site and corporate training initiatives
· Collaborating with external resources (outside of their unit/dept) to analyze the needs, design, develop, implement, document, and measurement of training
· Coaching and developing unit/department employees to establish a high-performance culture
· Continuously improving their skills and knowledge to maintain alignment with current learning and development trends
· Support safe, reliable performance of duties by ensuring that units/departments comply with site, corporate, quality and regulatory standards related to procedures, and Management of Change (MOC’s)
· Collaborate with Corporate, Regional, and Site L&D Coordinators to drive best practices and consistency of training across the site.
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required
· Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years equivalent Learning and Development experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Instructional Systems Design (ISD), Learning & Development, Education, or other related discipline
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Presentation development and delivery
· Technical writing and technical course/curriculum development
· Instructional Systems Design (ISD)
· Excellent verbal and written communications
· Detail oriented; strong organizational skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and lead teams
Skills essential for this position include:
· The ability to lead and motivate learners by appealing to the characteristics of adult learners.
· The ability to assess training needs, translate job requirements into training requirements, and organize instructional material both during development and in presentations.
· Proficiency in active listening, proactive communication, training, coaching, and developing.
· Ability to appraise performance, including assessing training results. Must be able to identify issues and problem solve.
· Networking skills to help get others to support the area's training activities, including the ability to encourage and improve the level of engagement within their teams.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.