Electric/Electronic VE Specialist
The role of the Value Engineering Specialist is to analyze the technical content of production parts and drawings, and provide a ‘bottom-up’, ‘clean sheet’, or ‘should be’ calculation of what the part cost and what the related tooling & equipment cost is based on current and future market material, production, labor, profits and overhead. The potentials should be identified by competitor tear down analysis and bottom up calculations.
• Meet annual Business Plan for Analyzed Turnover for Piece Price and Tooling Investment Calculations
• Prepare material piece price, Tooling Investment, and/or pre-logistics cost calculations for ‘Heavy Items’ in Forward Sourcing, on an ad-hoc basis, or per the Business Plan for various commodities.
• Perform cost calculations based on best practices
• Support the Purchasing Buyers with supplier negotiations based on the potential savings identified through analysis of tooling invest, piece price, and logistics cost calculations.
• Analyze drawings and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
• for parts and assemblies
• Consult with suppliers and internal departments to formulate estimates, resolve issues and changes or updates to cost calculation
• Responsible for developing accurate manufacturing cost estimates for a broad set of commodities
• Prepare weekly & monthly reports on key performance indicators to management team
• Identify and submit VA/VE cost savings opportunities for design, material and supply chain.
• Participate in product cost reduction workshops with suppliers, buyers and engineering
• Define and develop Cost Engineering reference processes in internal knowledge domain
• Complete calculations of the cost impact associated with identified technical changes.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications,
• BS Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Electronic or Manufacturing Engineering.
• 5 or more years of professional experience in Electric/Electronics developments & Costing
• Electric/electronic development & manufacturing process background
• Strong knowledge about vehicle electronics functionalities such as ADAS, ECUs, HMI
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes of components and/or subsystems within automotive industry
• Understanding of manufacturing processes in various production segments:
o Electric: Injection Molding, Harnesses, PCB, Batteries, etc.
• Working knowledge of and ability to read drawings, CAD data, blueprints, material data sheets.
• Be able to create/define Manufacturing Process Flows and cycle times MTM.
• Ability to evaluate supplier quotations, cost breakdown worksheets, and tooling investment details.
• Self-motivated with ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge about cost calculation tools/software like Siemens TCpCm/Excel based/ Facton ….
• Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain cooperation, work effectively in a team.
• Knowledge of Suppliers Cost estimating strategies, i.e. Overheads, Indirect labor, direct labor, etc.
• Knowledge of DFM (Design for manufacture), process optimization.
• Competitor and tear-down analysis experience
• Master’s in Engineering
• Travel to suppliers throughout US, Canada, Mexico and Germany as required
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.