Herndon | Virginia | United States
As the Video Content Editor, you will be part of an in-house Content Production team that produces content across the Marketing department. You will be primarily responsible for the editing and post-production various videos for broadcast, social, digital, and retail use. As a member of the Content Production team you will also help support the execution of video projects and help manage and maintain in-house production equipment and edit suite.
We are looking for driven, detail-oriented, self-starters who can collaborate with fellow colleagues yet also work very independently with minimal direct oversight. The Video Content Editor will be expected to complete video projects from start to finish which includes editing, titles, audio mixing, music selection, color correction and finishing.
• Strong video editing skills and knowledge of various post-production tools and software
• Strong technical background in video production and editing
• Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Premiere, After Effects, etc) and similar software
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment inside a large organization
• Familiarity with various broadcast and file delivery formats and compressions as well as DVD authoring/burning
• Comfortable working with existing assets to adapt them in new ways that stand out
• Able to function as a core member of a team, working collaboratively with members of the Volkswagen Content Production team, must be able to take direction and take initiative
• Manage multiple projects and deliver work in a timely fashion with a positive “can-do” attitude
• Very organized and detail-oriented
• Visual design skills such as photo retouching/manipulation, illustration, typography, and layouts are a plus
• Able to immerse yourself in the Volkswagen visual identity and translate in a manner that is both engaging, but also true to the brand
Project Collaboration and Planning
• Work with Content Producer in establishing project deliverables, edit schedules, and deadlines
• Manage post-production workflow with guidance from the Content Producer
• Understand the goals, tone, and style of a project in order to edit effectively
• Be knowledgeable of best practices in social media content in order to apply them in the editing of projects
• Master and apply brand and product guidelines and legal guidance
• Organize raw footage for efficient and accessible editing workflow
• Responsible for all project assets, making sure they are updated and organized
• Review footage and provide guidance to Content Producer on best takes/quotes/images
• Maintain a clean editing workflow and project structure that can be passed on to vendors and additional editors
• Ensure that the project/asset templates are up to date, organized, and easily accessible by all
• Responsible for editing original content and reusing existing assets, working with Producer to lock final cut
• Create highly engaging digital videos, as well as animated video assets, including GIFs and cinemagraphs
• Provide drafts throughout the process for feedback and guidance
Project Finishing & Delivery
• Color correction and grading
• Audio mixing and sweetening
• VFX and Retouching
• Delivery of project in desired format
Required Skill sets:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Video, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Media Studies or equivalent in related field
-5-9 years of video post-production experience with a Production House, Agency, or In-House Brand
-At least 2 years of experience creating content for social channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
-Expertise with various video editing programs including Adobe Creative Suite, DaVinci Resolve, etc.
-Experience independently handling post-production projects start to finish including editing, titles/animation, audio mixing, and color correction/grading
• Experience with Automotive content or working in a corporate communications, marketing, or advertising environment
• Experience working closely in a large corporate environment and interfacing with various business owners, support staff, and specialists
• On-set video production experience assisting on small crew shoots, where “all hands are on deck”
• Experience managing and running an edit suite which includes media management and archival
• Experience handling and assisting in the management of video production and photography equipment
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.