Hoffman Estates | Illinois | United States | 60192
Perform the primary duties of shipping and receiving clerk while assisting other areas of the department as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Pick parts prepare and ship product within the day. This includes completing and maintaining the required paperwork and files, contacting carriers and assuring parts are shipped in a timely and accurate manner. Enter data into the computer.
· Provide telephone support to both internal and external customers in a professional, friendly manner.
· Perform daily cycle counts.
· Distribute internal mail.
· Process all receipts to appropriate stock locations including but not limited to; new, repaired and non- inventory.
· Assist with other department operations as required.
· Assist with general building maintenance as needed.
· Perform closing duties as assigned, when required.
· Must be available to work overtime as required.
· From time to time, may be required to drive to drop- off sites for Fed Ex and/or UPS, or similar carriers.
· This position may include other duties as assigned.
o High school diploma or equivalent
o Two years’ experience within a warehouse environment
o Forklift driving experience
o Warehousing and distribution techniques and procedures
o Ability to use various hand tools
o Familiar with United Parcel Service, next day mail carriers and processing CODs
o Basic data entry skills
o Basic computer skills
o Good verbal communication skills
· WORKING CONDITIONS
o Normal warehouse environment with varying temperatures and normal dusty air conditions requiring normal use of senses.
o Physical mobility needed to sit, stand, walk, bend, and climb ladders or stairs.
o Physical ability to lift, hold and carry objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds.
o Manual dexterity required to use hand tools.
· PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
o Must wear steel-toed safety shoes.
o Must wear fall protection harness.
o Weight belt as needed
o Eye protection as needed
o Hearing protection as needed
o Must possess a valid driver’s license
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.